Hostplus key facts
We are the national industry superannuation fund for those who live and love Australian hospitality, tourism, recreation and sport.
Facts as at 31 December 2019
- As an industry super fund, Hostplus is run only to benefit members
- Hostplus was established over 30 years ago in 1988 by the Australian Hotels Association (AHA) and United Voice
- Hostplus has over $53 billion in assets invested globally on behalf of its 1.2 million members and over 200,000 actively contributing employers
- Hostplus is a top performing super fund in Australia, with Hostplus' default MySuper (Balanced) option consistently ranked within the top three for returns over three, five, and 20 years (SuperRatings' SR50 survey to 31 December 2019)
- Hostplus is governed by three independent directors (including an independent chair), three employer directors (nominated by the AHA) and three employee directors (nominated by United Voice)